The Adventures of a Vintage Style Lingerie and Foundations Designer

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Vintage Store Finds

So, I was out with friends the other day, meandering around just north of the milwaukee/ashland/division intersection and we happened across this strange little antique shop.  The building was deliciously old with dark wood and large storefront windows.  This alone would have been enough to entice me in, but then they go and have an entire array of vintage fabric yardage on display!  Almost all of it from the 40s through 60s!  It was the middle of the afternoon on a weekday, and yet they weren't exactly open until a very charming older gentleman came over and asked if we would like to go in (but he had to go around as he didn't actual have keys to the front door).  The inside of the store was just as much of a dream, with a large trunk full of more fabrics and oodles of vintage patterns, as well as all the other wonderful knick knacks that you hope for in a idiosyncratic antique shop.  I hadn't spent money in awhile so I decided to splurge and buy at least a few cuts of fabric (I mean, how could I NOT!).  So, crappy photo and all, but in person absolutely splendid!

 

These are both beloved 1940's rayon (which is collectable, and why it wasn't exactly cheap)...they feel amazing and being a sucker for great patterns, polka dots (dottie's delights, after all), and PINK, I was in love!  Who knows what I will actually make with these, but that is a whole different story......

No comments:

Post a Comment